Invasive Prenatal Paternity Test (Amniocentesis test and CVS)

Using the sample of amniotic fluid or a chorionic villi sample (CVS) from the mother and a biological sample from the alleged father (hair, toothbrush, razor, etc.) it is possible to test for the relationship between the baby and the father.

Invasive Prenatal Paternity Test (Amniocentesis test and CVS)

母の血液を用いた胎児のDNA鑑定

There are 2 types of Invasive Prenatal Paternity testing. One is to test the fetus that has been excised during an abortion surgery, and the second is to test the amniotic fluid from the amniotic sac or chorionic villi from a small sample of the placenta.


For an amniocentesis test or CVS (Chorionic Villus Sampling), the procedure for sample collection is done at an additional fee, usually around 100,000 yen. As there is risk of damage to the fetus there are not many obstetrics and gynecologists that will perform the procedure for the purpose of paternity testing. Generally it is more accepted to perform this method when testing a sample from a fetus that has been aborted or lost through a miscarriage.

Amniocentesis/CVS Test Pricing and Processing Time

母の羊水又は絨毛膜を用いた胎児のDNA親子鑑定

Test Pricing

• Personal Test:$880

 

Test Processing Time

• Express Test Results:5 business days(+ $180)

• Standard processing time:10 business days

Content of a Amniocentesis test

• Using the sample of amniotic fluid or a chorionic villi sample (CVS) from the mother and a biological sample from the alleged father (hair, toothbrush, razor, etc.) it is possible to test for the relationship between the baby and the father.

• It is possible to do an amniocentesis test from the 10th week of pregnancy on. You can check how far along you are in your pregnancy at this website.

• A DNA Sample Kit will be sent to the address provided within 1 business day of payment confirmation.

• Bring the kit with you when you go to have your sample collected at a local hospital. Enclose the samples in the containers provided and mail them back to our laboratory for testing.

• If you choose the Express Test Results option when you place your order, the test results will be delivered to you within 5 business days of the date we receive your samples. (Standard processing time is 10 days)

Amniocentesis/CVS Test Accuracy

• We guarantee either a result of over 99.99% probability of paternity (affirming the parentage) or a negative result completely excluding parentage.

• Theoretically, it is not possible for a DNA test to result in 100% probability

• If there are two or more alleged fathers and they are closely blood-related (brother, father) it is best that all alleged fathers be tested for the most conclusive results.

•  Rest assured as DNA testing can definitively determine biological relationships.

You can trust seeDNA

Test Features

• A variety of non-standard sample types from the alleged father can be tested.
Please see our`What Can be Used as a Sample?`page to see what types of samples can be tested.

• We recommend consulting with your doctor beforehand as it may take some time to find an obstetrics clinic that will be able to collect a sample for amniocentesis or CVS. 


With an invasive prenatal paternity test there is a risk of harming the mother and baby in the procedure, and there are additional fees of 90,000 ~ 150,000 yen for the sample collection. For testing that poses no harm to the mother or child, our company recommends the Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity test method which is done with just a blood sample from the mother.

 

If a test is unsuccessful and a definitive result cannot be obtained, we offer to do a free re-test and cover all postage fees for new samples.


If the re-test still cannot yield a definitive result, we can give a partial refund of the original testing fee. Please click <Free DNA Re-test and Refund Policies>for a detailed outline of our refund policies.

• A POP (probability of paternity) of 99.99% does not mean there is a 99.99% chance of a biological parent-child relationship and a 0.01% chance of no relationship. It signifies a biological parent-child relationship with an unlimited probability close to 100% (as a perfect 100% result is theoretically impossible).

What Can be Used as a Sample?

DNA Tests typically use buccal (cheek) swabs as samples for DNA analysis.

We also accept a variety of non-standard samples that contain cells for DNA extraction. Please refer to the chart below for examples of accepted sample types. If a test is unsuccessful and a definitive result cannot be obtained (not enough DNA could be extracted, sample was in poor condition), we offer to do a free re-test and cover all postage fees. If the re-test still cannot yield a definitive result, we can give a partial refund of the original testing fee. Please click <Free DNA Re-test and Refund Policies>for a detailed outline of our refund policies.

Please see below for a guideline of DNA sample types
Sample type Collection Method Success Rate + Business Days  Additional Fee per Sample
(plus tax)
Standard Buccal (cheek) Swab Rub the inside of the cheek more than 5 times (sterilized cotton swabs are provided in the Sample Kit) +0
days
$0
Non-
Standard
Blood Sample More than 0.1 ml of EDTA treated blood +2

days
$280
Semen sample A tissue, condom or cloth with semen on it +4 days $280
Cigarettes, Paper Cup Cigarettes: At least 3 cigarettes
Paper Cup: The section where lips had contact
+3
days
$280
Hair  More than 3 strands of hair with the root attached (recommended to send 5 or more strands. Hair that has fallen out on its own cannot be used) +3
days
$280
Bloodstain Bloodstain must be over 1 cm in diameter, can be on a tissue, cloth, condom, etc. +4
days
$280
Toothbrush Toothbrush must have been used at least 3 times and dried naturally. (do not dry using UV lamps or other sterilizing equipment ) +4
days
$280
Nails Fingernail/toenail clippings must be over 0.5cm. Please provide more than 5 clippings +7
days
$280
Umbilical Cord Dried umbilical cord (at least 3 cm in length) +5 days $280
Earwax A cotton swab or earpick with at least 2mg of earwax +3 days $280
Chewing gum Chewed sugarless gum, or gum chewed for at least 5 minutes. Please avoid contact with bare hands. +3 days $280
Nasal Mucus Nasal mucus on a used tissue +3
days
$280
Chopsticks After using, please allow wooden chopsticks to dry naturally +3
 days
$280
Tooth A tooth that has fallen out +3
Weeks 
60,000 yen
Other Tissue samples, electric shaver, etc.
Please ask our staff about specific sample types
+2 days~4weeks  Please consult with our staff

◎:Success Rate of over 95%、○:Success Rate of 60~95%、△:Success Rate of less than 60%

Contact us for a free consultation >>

DNA Testing Performed by a Specialized and Trusted Laboratory Free Consultations and Money-back Guarantee

TEL :0120-919-097(JP)
9:00 AM 6:00 PM
(Japan Time 9:00am~6:00pm,Weekdays)

It is important to choose a laboratory you can trust with your DNA Testing. You may see many companies online advertising cheap and fast DNA testing, but it can be difficult to know which companies can be trusted to provide accurate results. seeDNA is a specialized laboratory with a proven track record, trusted with thousands of DNA tests a year. We guarantee you high quality, accurate results.