With 1 phone call you can clear any doubts about the lineage of your pig!
Pig DNA Test Pricing and Processing Time
Pig DNA Test (tax not included)
Test Processing Time (counted in business days)
• Express Test Results: 8 business days (+ $80)
• Standard processing time: 20 business days
Pig DNA Test Accuracy
• The DNA samples of the parent (male or female) and piglet are tested.
• Using our laboratory database, we analyze the DNA samples and determine whether the tested parent is the biological parent of the piglet.
• In the unlikely case that a conclusive positive or negative result cannot be obtained, it is possible to determine the parentage using the DNA index.
• In this case, it is recommended that both parents (sire and dam) are tested to obtain the most accurate and conclusive results.
Steps of a Pig DNA Test
Ordering a DNA Test is easy. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Pig DNA Test
Order a DNA Test
By phone or online
A DNA Sample Kit is sent
Collect the samples yourself and send them back
By email and/or by post
Contents of a Pig DNA Test
• Through DNA testing it is possible to confirm the parentage of your pig.
• The lineage of the pig can be tested using samples of its hair, blood or other biological samples.
• Pig DNA tests use the same DNA test method (Microsatellite maker) for testing parentage as is used for testing the relationship between a human parent and child.
• You will be able to verify the biological sire/dam of your pig and have documentation proving the pedigree.
• We test and check the DNA markers indicated by the International Foundation for Animal Genetics.
• If you choose the Express Test Results option when ordering, you can receive your test results within 8 business days of the date we receive your DNA samples. (Standard processing time is 20 business days)
There is no more conclusive method for verifying the parentage of your pig than through a DNA test.