Comparison DNA Test Pricing and Processing Time
* Prices do not include tax
* Money-back Guarantee
* Processing Time is counted in business days. Saturdays, Sundays and National holidays are not counted as business days.
DNA Test Pricing (tax not included)
• Express Test Results：4 business days（+$80）
• Standard processing time：6 business days
Comparison DNA Test Accuracy
▪ The DNA from 2 different samples is extracted and analyzed to determine if the DNA profiles match.
▪ Our laboratory guarantees a degree of accuracy that is 35 times higher than the international standards set by the FBI.
Steps of a Comparison DNA Test
Ordering a DNA Test is simple! Please contact us if you have any questions.
Comparison DNA Test
Order a DNA Test
By phone or online
A DNA Sample Kit is sent
Collect the samples yourself and send them back
By email and/or by post
Contents of a Comparison DNA Test
▪ Forensic DNA testing is used by law enforcement to help identify criminals through analyzing the DNA on evidence found at a crime scene.
▪ DNA extracted from the crime scene evidence is tested using Next Generation DNA sequencing technology.
▪ A DNA profile is created from the evidence and is compared to the DNA profile of an identified suspect to determine if they are a match.
▪ DNA can be extracted and analyzed from many types of samples.
▪ DNA tests are much more accurate than previously used fingerprint tests.
▪ If you choose the Express Test Results option when ordering, we will send you your test results within 3 business days from the date we receive your samples. Please note: non-standard samples can require an additional 2~20 business days for processing depending on the sample type
- There is no further testing available beyond a DNA test to determine the identity of blood stains/semen stains left on clothing or other objects.
- The FBI international guidelines for DNA test accuracy ensure that DNA testing is able to accurately distinguish between 600 trillion different individuals. Our laboratory`s accuracy is 35 times higher than the internationally accepted standard. ・ Please note: an additional business day is added to test processing time when a sample arrives at our laboratory after 12pm.
iconYou can trust seeDNA
• Your privacy is a priority: personal information is protected and kept strictly confidential.
• Our online application form is certified SSL to protect your information.
• To further protect our clients` privacy, we do not share any information regarding the contents and results of tests with anyone other than the original applicant.
• It is possible to have DNA test reports or Sample Kits sent to a designated post office with ID and signature required pick-up to protect your privacy.
We understand that many people who request DNA tests are doing it for the first time. We guide all of our clients through the test procedure step by step to make the process as easy as possible. Our DNA specialists will answer any questions you may have. We provide support in Japanese, English and Korean.
What Can be Used as a Sample?
DNA Tests typically use buccal (cheek) swabs as samples for DNA analysis.We also accept a variety of non-standard samples that contain cells for DNA testing. Please refer to the chart below for examples of accepted sample types. If a test is unsuccessful and a definitive result cannot be obtained, we offer to do a free re-test and cover all postage fees. If the re-test still cannot yield a definitive result, we can give a partial refund of the original testing fee. Please click for a detailed outline of our refund policies.
|Sample type||Collection Method||Success Rate||+ Business Days|| Additional Fee per Sample
|Standard||Buccal (cheek) Swab||Rub inside of the cheek more than 3 times (sterilized swabs provided in Sample Kit)||◎||+0
|Blood Sample||More than 0.1 ml of EDTA treated blood||◎||+2
|Semen sample||A tissue, condom or cloth with semen on it||◎||+4 days||$280|
|Used Cigarettes, Paper Cup||Cigarettes: At least 3 cigarettes
Paper Cup: The section where lips had contact
|Hair||1 or more strands with the root attached (hair fallen out on its own is not recommended)||○||+3
|Blood Stain||Blood stain must be over 1 cm in diameter, can be on a tissue, cloth, condom, etc.||○||+4 days||$280|
|Toothbrush||Used at least 1 time and dried naturally (do not dry with UV lamps or sterilizing equipment)||○||+4
|Nails||Fingernail/toenail clippings must be over 0.5cm. Please provide more than 5 clippings||○||+7
|Umbilical Cord||Dried umbilical cord (at least 3 cm in length)||○||+5 days||$280|
|Earwax||A cotton swab or earpick with at least 2mg of earwax||○||+3 days||$280|
|Chewing gum||Sugarless gum, or gum chewed at least 5 min (avoid contact with bare hands)||○||+3 days||$280|
|Nasal Mucus||Nasal mucus on a used tissue||△||+3
|Chopsticks||Used, allow wooden chopsticks to dry naturally||△||+3
|Tooth||A tooth that has fallen out||△||+3
|Other||Tissue samples, electric shaver, etc.
Please ask our staff about specific sample types
|△||+2 days～4weeks||Please consult with our staff|
DNA Testing Performed by a Specialized and Trusted Laboratory
Free Consultations and Money-back Guarantee
- TEL :0120-919-097
- 9:00 AM ～6:00 PM
(Japan Time 9:00am～6:00pm,Weekdays)
It is important to choose a laboratory you can trust with your DNA Testing. You may see many companies online advertising cheap and fast DNA testing, but it can be difficult to know which companies can be trusted to provide accurate results. seeDNA is a specialized laboratory with a proven track record, trusted with thousands of DNA tests a year. We guarantee you high quality, accurate results.