DNA Testing Methods (post-birth)

DNA Testing Method

DNA鑑定の方法

DNA Sample Kit is Sent

DNA鑑定キット発送

DNA Sample Kit shipment to your home or a local post office

DNA tests can be done using standard cheek swab samples, or other sample types such as hair strands (with the root attached), a razor, cigarette butts and other types.

DNA tests can be done using standard cheek swab samples, or other sample types such as hair strands (with the root attached), a razor, cigarette butts and other types.

You can see our What Can be Used as a Sample? page for more information.

* For sample kits sent and held at a designated post office, no notice of shipment is sent to the client from the courier, and signature and proof of ID are required for pick-up.

DNA Sample Kit and How to Collect Samples>

Below is a photo of what is included in a DNA sample kit
DNA鑑定のDNA鑑定キット

Sample Collection

検体採取

1.It is important that samples be kept dry and stored in a dry place, whether the sample be cheek swabs, cigarette butts, etc. If any moisture remains DNA can deteriorate and testing cannot be done. If a sample is dry, it can be stored at room temperature for 2 weeks.

2.In the case of long-term storage samples can be stored at less than -20 ° C (or household freezer) for about 1 year.

Sending Samples back for Testing

検体の返送

The DNA sample kit has packaging with prepaid postage included for shipping the samples back, so do not worry about buying stamps or envelopes. Just put the package into a postbox. For specimens that are difficult to store in the home such as blood samples, please send such samples back to our laboratory the same day they are collected.

DNA Extraction

DNA鑑定とは

1.The accuracy of the test does not change depending on the type of sample. The DNA required for testing is very small, about 1 / 1,000,000 to 1 / 100,000,000 g. However, depending on the amount of DNA contained in the sample, the storage time and/or condition of the sample, sufficient DNA necessary for testing may not be able to be obtained.

2.Although unlikely, if a test is unsuccessful and results cannot be obtained, we offer to do free re-tests. If the client does not want to have a free re-test done, or it is not possible to be done, we offer a 30% refund of the testing fee.

DNA Comparative Analysis

DNA型比較解析

1.Depending on the type of test there are various methods of analysis
Depending on the contents of the test, the testing will be done either at our laboratory or sent to an affiliated laboratory overseas in the US, Canada Australia or Korea. We have a perfect track record with 0 errors.

2.In the unlikely event of an erroneous report, we offer a full refund.

Test Results

検体採取

1.Our company`s main form of correspondence with our clients is through email. When the test results are obtained, we will send the results to the email address provided by the client in an easy-to-print format. It is also possible to issue a hard copy of the results and post it to an address of their choice.

2.Relationship DNA test results are reported not as possibilities, but as conclusive positive or negative probabilities.

3.Many DNA testing companies say that their results show a 99.99% chance of a biological relationship, which means that there is a 0.01% chance that the individuals are not related. This would be a very low accuracy test, and still leaves room for worry. At seeDNA, our results are not possibilities. A positive result of 99.99% is a positive probability (a genetics term indicating the reliability of the examination). It essentially represents a 100% probability, and signifies that the alleged father is the biological father of the child. 

In 2017, seeDNA received and processed over 1,500 DNA test cases.

検体採取

Even if a DNA test has a 99.9999% inclusive result or a 0% exclusive result, there is still the possibility of human error as DNA testing is a complex and sensitive procedure.


In order to prevent occurrences of human error, the American Association of Blood Banks` Double Test System is very effective. The possibility of human error is drastically reduced by requiring achieving the same negative test result twice from the same sample before submitting a report. The possibility that a 99% or above conclusive paternity result was a result of human error can be ignored, however the possibility that a 0% exclusive POP result was due to human error cannot.


At seeDNA we hold ourselves to a standard of accuracy much higher than the internationally accepted standard. We also have affiliation with many internationally accredited institutions to help meet all of the needs of our clients. While it is theoretically impossible to have a result of 100% accuracy, our laboratory methods yield results among the highest accuracy possible in the industry.

The Double Check System is a part of examination protocol that must be followed to obtain AABB (American Association of Blood Banks) certification, one of the most reliable international accreditations for DNA testing.

DNA Gender Test Cash-back Campaign is Finished


Please feel free to contact us.
Questions consultation is completely free >>

DNA Testing performed by a specialized and trusted laboratory Free Consultations and Money back guarantee

TEL:0120-919-097
4:00 pm1:00am
(Japan Time 9:00am~6:00pm,Weekdays)

It is important to choose a laboratory you can trust with your DNA Testing. You may see many companies online advertising cheap and fast DNA testing, but it can be difficult to know which companies can be trusted to provide accurate results. seeDNA is a specialized laboratory with a proven track record, trusted with thousands of DNA tests a year. We guarantee you high quality, accurate results.

Order a DNA Test >>